Although toXcel is headquartered in Gainesville, Virginia, our Traffic Engineering staff is located throughout the mid-Atlantic region and Toxcel currently employs professional engineers certified in Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina.
toXcel’s engineering staff have conducted and played an integral role in numerous projects for local and state agencies in Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, as well as federal agencies. Our experience includes contracts with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), the National Highway Institute (NHI), the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Virginia Department of Transportation, Maryland Transportation Authority, Ohio Department of Transportation, the City of Norfolk, the Town of Blacksburg, and more.
toXcel staff has particular expertise in safety studies and analysis, including:
- Alternative intersection and safety analyses
- Bicyclist and pedestrian user safety and infrastructure evaluations
- Corridor-wide safety and countermeasure evaluations
- Guidebook development on safety topics for FHWA
In addition, toXcel staff has a wide variety of traffic engineering design and analysis capabilities. We have numerous staff actively involved with the National Committee on Uniform Traffic Control Devices (NCUTCD) and the Transportation Research Board (TRB) that have deep knowledge of various transportation research topics, as well as traffic control device design and implementation.
Our engineering design and analysis capabilities include the following:
- Traffic signal design
- Signing and pavement marking design
- Work zone/maintenance of traffic design
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design
- Traffic Impact Studies (TIS)
- Interchange justification/access approval studies
- Traffic signal studies